Saturday, June 28, 2008

Money Talks

Today the girls and I went and used up the $60.00 gift certificate I won three hundred and sixty four days ago...it was going to expire tomorrow. I decided I would use said certificate for my mother's birthday, which is also tomorrow. The certificate was for flowers...that I am presently growing piles of in my garden. Let me tell you, I would sooner eat dirt than spend a real $60.00 on cut flowers, and I must say, the ones from my garden are at least just as nice, if not more so. Anyway, they are presently on my counter awaiting transport to the church where they will limply decorate the sanctuary until mom brings them home after the service tomorrow.

Brent and I, right in the middle of this posting, had an argument. I've just spent five hours with the girls twittering around me (unlike their mother, they love to shop and look around stores and since the flower shop was in the middle of downtown we got to see everything) and once we got home and it was decided that naps were out of the question this late in the day, I told them to go outside and play (read: leave me be)while Brent was mowing the grass. Seconds after they go out and all is quiet, Brent is in to ask what we did. Um, hello? There are two little people outside perfectly able to tell you what we did and probably in a much more enthusiastic way. Sheesh. For the sake of wanting to go out ourselves tonight (woohoo!), I just want a few minutes of no talking.

No comments: