Wednesday, June 11, 2008

To everything there is a season

There have been a few car accidents around here, ones that people have died in.

It's frightening how quickly things change in our lives- two lines on a stick you pee on, a lump felt under the skin that you've never felt before, a car hitting your car from behind and you don't even see it coming, the first contraction, a ring pulled out of a pocket, a phone call in the middle of the night. How wonderful and scary is the world that all of these things are happening right now as I type to people around me that I don't even know...God be with me, my husband, and my children as we move through life, give us peace with the blindsides.

Mary and Laura were playing with their Disney dolls in the 'playroom' (if you can call a closet a playroom) and I hear "Mommy, Laura won't let me have Ariel's nipple cover!" referring to her bathing suit top... can't say we use any silly euphemisms in our house...too bad the conservative neighbour from down the street was sitting in the living room at that point.

No comments: