Sunday, July 13, 2008

Baby Blues

Brent and I keep going around in circles about the whole 'should we try for another baby?' thing. We have two beautiful girls, conceived with little/no difficulty or waiting and then we hit the road blocks. A cancer diagnosis, three miscarriages later, and we find ourselves at forty with one child less than 'the plan'.

I mean, even writing the above sentences makes me roll my eyes...if I was objective about this and reading another blog, I would tell the writer to give her head a shake. "Be thankful for all that you have, plans don't always work out, there is a reason, blah, blah, blah". I do know all this, but I am not objective and I do so want one more baby in the house.

Of course, when I get this in my head the world conspires to show me possibilities, like the forty-two year old at church who has been trying for three years and walked in today five months pregnant, and my friend with only half an ovary after ovarian cancer who is now pregnant with her second miracle child. I mean, anything is possible, right?

Right?

No comments: